A spokesperson for fashion industry, Fashion Communication, refers to developing efficient communication to promote fashion products, lifestyles and brands to the right audience using relevant audio-visual, written, visual or verbal communications. By effectively communicating through public relations, advertising, content marketing, event marketing, social media marketing or influencer marketing etc. Fashion Communication professional can convey distinct benefits of the fashion brand & its products, thereby engaging the audience, creating distinct brand identity and hence loyalty leading to sales.
Job Prospects in Fashion Communication
Following are the career opportunities:
- Visual Merchandising: Using colours, lighting, props & other design elements, he creates appealing & engaging displays in a retail store or showroom, as per company’s brand guidelines, to showcase the products & communicate brand message thereby enticing customers to purchase. Visual merchandising is an essential part of the retail industry for it impacts the customer’s purchasing behaviour since it involves understanding the customer, his preferences as well as buying behaviour and ensure the presence of the appropriate product at the right time in apt quantities.
- Graphic Designer: An expert in visual communication, Graphic Designer, creates design concept incorporating typography, images, balance in colours, motion graphics, shades and patterns, animation etc. for the purpose of advertising, marketing, branding, printing etc., thereby communicating the desired message to the target audience. The objective is to maximize reach and enhance sales.
- Fashion Journalism: This is that branch of journalism that deals in fashion industry & the culture prevalent in it. Fashion Journalist is responsible for reporting on designers, fashion trends, launch of new collection or fashion brand, fashion shows & events as well as generating content to positively influence the consumer towards a particular brand and/or product, thereby generating interest. Furthermore, he profiles people in the fashion industry along with analysing the business side of it utilizing range of media vehicles like digital, print, social media etc. Additionally, he has a deep understanding of fashion style and shares his unique perspective and insights on the cultural, historical and social aspects of the fashion world.
- Fashion Forecasting: Fashion Forecasting is a science of predicting fashion trends, styles, colours etc. in accordance with the exploration of current & past fashion trends, consumer buying behaviour, prevailing economic conditions, market dynamics, social & cultural factors etc. Using multiple tools & techniques like consumer behaviour analysis, trend analysis & market research etc., Fashion Forecaster offers insights to help manufacturers, fashion designers, retailers and other stakeholders’ etc. to strategize regarding the upcoming collections, the required product lines, marketing plan, retail & pricing strategies. Fashion Forecasting is a critical function for it guides the fashion industry in developing new products, thus meeting the requirements of the customers.
- Fashion Marketing & Brand Management: This involves developing & promoting brands, positioning it distinctly, creating marketing, distribution & selling strategy as well as crafting communication to target customer in their language, thereby engaging them & building awareness, preference & hence sales. The objective is to enhance reputation and revenue of the company.
Given the huge career prospects, its elementary that people should register for Fashion Communication course